Conveyancing & Property

Why choose our service for your conveyancing matter: Our knowledge and experience, plus our strict procedure and intensive checklist will guarantee you a successful result.

Fixed Fee Conveyancing

We offer fixed fee conveyancing for our legal fees for your peace of mind. We will give you an itemised invoice for your approval before we charge you.

Legal Point Lawyers provide you with a premium conveyancing service at an affordable price.

Free Contract Review

Our property lawyers will review your contract for free. We understand how you feel confused in buying a property. Before you sign the contract or place an offer, ask the agent for a copy of contract for sale of land and send to our property lawyers to review. Our property lawyers will review your contract within 48 hours and call you to discuss the terms of the contract and the procedure you need to follow.

Access your documents in our E-Conveyancing hub

We understand that you need the following documents frequently, either for your loan application or for your own record

  • Contract for sale of land
  • Copy of transfer
  • Notice of stamp duty assessment
  • Settlement statement
  • Our letters to you
  • FIRB Approval Letter if you are foreign buyers

We are glad to advise that you can access your documents via our E-Conveyancing Hub anytime, anywhere by using your laptop or smart phone. Our friendly staff will send you the login user name and password.

Popular Service we provide in Conveyancing:

  • Purchase a property
  • Sell a property
  • Property Transfer under Family Law
  • Put and Call Options
  • Power of Attorneys
  • Foreign Purchasers

Related Article

Land Tax

If you own land in New South Wales and the value is above the land tax threshold, you may have to pay land tax unless you are exempt.

One main exemption is called the Principal Place of Residence (‘PPR’) exemption. Each family can only claim the PPR exemption for one property and the land should generally be used for residential purposes.

You need to continuously use and occupy the land as your PPR from 1 July to 31 December before the relevant tax year. In the case of joint owners, then at least one person needs to satisfy the requirement. The question of whether the land was continuously used and occupied is assessed objectively. That means, although your intention to live in the property is relevant, it will be considered against the actual number of nights you spent living in the property.

For people who spend a lot of their time overseas for work or other reasons, it is likely that if you spend more time in the overseas property then the Australian property will not be considered to be your PPR. You might allow your family to use the property, but to claim the exemption your family member should be a joint owner of the property.

There are many concessions for the requirement to use and occupy the land as your PPR. For example, if you live in your property continuously for at least six months and then leave, you can claim the PPR exemption for up to six years. However if you own or occupy another place of residence in those six years, then the concession will not apply.

If you disagree with the land tax assessment, you may submit an objection to the Chief Commissioner of State Revenue. There are also options for further review.

Read More ...

speak to us and put your mind at ease 1300 618 888


Leave Us a Message

Our team will contact you shortly.

All application information provided is protected by 128-bit SSL security encryption.